Saturday 1 November 2014

Mac Pros: A warning to you all...

I recently bought an original 2006 Mac Pro online. When it arrived, something became immediately obvious.

The Mac Pro is a big, fast monster of a Mac. Most people focus on the fast part. I'm focussing on the big. The Mac doesn't fit my desk. It's too tall. 

It doesn't fit under my wife's desk either - it's too long. It hangs out in an ominous sort of way. It didn't look that big in the photos and I didn't think to measure it. Previous tower systems just…Well, fitted. 

We have a small house, so our desks are small. I have some real changes to make at home. At the moment, the Pro is under an old desk and sticking out like a 1970s minicomputer. 

So be warned, folks: do your measurements before buying the Mac of your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment